Monday, August 3, 2009

Take Me With You


Gus helping us pack for our trip.

The Hubs and I went away this past weekend and I can't avoid the guilty feelings I have about leaving my babies at home alone. Nick always makes fun of me for the amount of food and extra water bowls I leave out for them while we were gone. We have an extensive routine to kitty proof the house while we are gone and even though we were only gone one night, I still worried about them. We always buy them a new toy to play with while we are gone. Maybe then they will not realize they have been abandoned.

So the three boys were "roughing it" at the house while Roque had to be boarded. I think the boys handle it much better than Roque. Nick took Roque on Saturday morning. I prefer not to go if I don't have to. I say my goodbyes to her while she is still excited about getting to ride in a car. I don't want to say goodbye to her while they are dragging her across the floor at the Vet's office. Needless to say she was quite excited to see us when we picked her up on Sunday. She has been getting spoiled nonstop since our return. She just got some ham slices. Don't tell our Vet as he has already reprimanded us for her weight.

Can you imagine how bad I am going to be when I have to leave our kids with someone else if I am like this with my pets? It will probably be impossible for us to find a babysitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment